ISLAM is not a new religion but the final culmination and fulfilment of the same basic truth that ALLAH revealed through all His Prophets to every people.Muslims believe that Islam is not a new religion with a new scripture. Far from Faith and Practice being the youngest of the major monotheistic world religions, from a Muslim point of view Islam is the oldest because it represents the original as well as the final revelation of the God of Adam,Noah,Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. Islam existed since time immemorial, ever since man first set foot on this earth. Prophet Muhammad ﷺ was not the founder of Islam. He was the last and final Messenger of Almighty God.
Islam is based on five principles
- To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ).
- To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
- To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .
- To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)
- To observe fast during the month of Ramadan
[Sahih al-Bukhari 8]
Muslims have Six articles of faith(Eemaan)
- Belief in Allah
- Belief in the Angels
- Belief in all the revealed Books to the Prophets
- Belief in Allah’s Apostles
- Belief in the Day of Judgement
- Belief in the Divine Decree.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 50 ; Sahih Muslim 8 a ; Sahih Muslim 8 e ; Sahih Muslim 10]
So, that is it folks! Islam in a nutshell.